JetBlue offers an announced pre-board courtesy for customers with disabilities needing assistance or a little extra time to board. Please let the crewmembers at the gate know of the need to pre-board. You must be in the gate area when pre-boarding begins to take advantage of this accommodation. If you miss this boarding time, JetBlue has an additional announced pre-board courtesy for families and active military that is just prior to the General Boarding.
For customers with disabilities, JetBlue offers boarding before the announced boarding begins. To ensure our crewmembers are aware you need this accommodation, please speak to a JetBlue crewmember at the gate and provide the following information:
- What assistance can JetBlue provide during boarding? (For example... Will you be bringing your own wheelchair or need a wheelchair to board? Are you traveling with a service animal or emotional support animal? Will you be traveling with any other assistive device, such as a POC?)
- Will you need any equipment in order to board? (For example... customers that are mobility challenged may need an aisle chair and/or a transfer kit to board or a ramp/lift to access the aircraft when a jet bridge is not available.)
- What assistance will you need upon arrival at your destination? (For example... If you are visually impaired, will the you need an escort to the baggage claim?)
- One traveling companion will be offered the courtesy to pre-board with you.
- If you need a wheelchair to board the aircraft or other assistance and arrived too late to pre-board, assistance to board will be given once the jet bridge is cleared.
JetBlue has designated seating for customers with disabilities that can be requested up to 24 hours before a flight. To ensure the best travel experience, it is recommended that you contact a JetBlue Reservation crewmember at 1-800-JETBLUE prior to your travel in order to provide the appropriate seating accommodations. Please let JetBlue know "how we can best assist you" and what seat will best accommodate your needs. If you arrive at the airport without a seat assignment, JetBlue will make every effort to provide the requested accommodation.
The following seats have fixed armrests on the aircraft type indicated:
- A320 – Row 1 ABCDEF
- A321 – MINT Experience – Row 1AF**, 2*, 3AF**, 4*, 5AF**, 6ABCDEF, 19D
- A321 – Core Experience Row 1ABCDEF,10ABCDEF, 23D
- E190 – Row 1 ABCD
*Seats in Rows 2 and 4 are not accessible to customers that use an aisle chair and/or require the transfer kit to board. These are considered middle seats and have fixed armrests.
**Seats A and F in Rows 1, 3, and 5 are not accessible to customers that use an aisle chair and/or require the transfer kit to board. These are window seats and have fixed armrests.